So it was love at first sight. Now that April is turning to September, what is the life expectancy of your Summer Romance? Here's a few helpful hints to help you through this briar patch of passion.
You’ve eaten enough watermelon, gone on enough boat rides, watched enough movies in the park, applied enough sunblock, sauntered through enough street fairs, and lounged in enough summer amphitheaters for one year. You've received an email about your fantasy draft and know what you're doing for Labor Day weekend. Yup, it's officially the end of summer. It’s a bummer, but that hottie you’ve been hooking up with is a bright spot. Can the summer romance withstand the test of long sleeves, Halloween costumes, and, you know, the f*cking holidays? Here's what you need to consider before welcoming the autumnal equinox.
Is she going to break it off? You’re probably thinking, "How should Iknow, stupid article?" However, you should be able to read the signs.
- She has been talking about how busy she is going to be in the next few months. Whether it's school, work, or some sense of finding herself, she has already placed distance between you and your future with her.
- She's returning to wherever she normally lives. Let's face it, no one likes long distance. Unless you’re 99.9% sure this girl is wife material, don’t even try.
- Your jokes, your cocktails, your carefree attitude don't have the same effect on her as they did in the beginning. Ah yes, when the sun starts to go down earlier in the evening so does her enthusiasm... for you.
- She's suddenly harder to reach and not as responsive when you call, text, or email. It could be that a little distance will make it easier for her to end the show.
- She blows off any discussion about where the relationship is going. Is she not in the mood to define what you two are? Got bad news for you...
Maybe it isn't her, maybe it's you. After all you are a pack leader, a champion hunter, and a skilled competitor. You can't be tied down with the first bikini that caught your eye. Maybe you are coming to terms with what the summer romance was just a short affair. Here are some signs that you need to have "the talk".
- Her laugh, tan, and sense of adventure are somehow now getting on your nerves.
- You are more excited to see the fall lineup of television than to call her and see what she is up to.
- You are already checking out other women, especially if they are in tight jeans looking like they have somewhere important to go.
- Your family asks about your love life and you instinctively say, "I've had a fun summer, nothing serious."
- You feel relieved thinking about how she will go back to wherever she came from.
So where does this leave you? If either case is true, it's time to figure out a quick and painless exit strategy. No you cannot text. If she contacts you and states that she needs to A) see you B) talk about something when you get the chance or C) meet in a park or a coffee shop – go. Don't dress up and do bring a flask. When she starts the inevitable convo and you know she's trying to find her words, stop her. Pour both of you a shot of something strong and say, "I know where this is going, I had a great summer with you, no hard feelings." Do the shot, kiss her on the forehead, and get up and walk away. Total James Dean.
Now if you are the one saying goodbye, make plans to meet wherever it is easy to show up and leave. Specifically, don't choose a place you have to pay for parking or order food. When you see her, tell her flatly it's good to see her, how she looks good, and ask her to sit down. Quickly say, "I have had a great summer with you and will remember you affectionately. There is a lot coming up for me in the near future and I am going to focus on that and not a relationship. I hope you understand." Get up, kiss her on the forehead, and leave.
- New Arrivals
- Best Sellers
- Plus Size Lingerie
- Panty Packs
- Sexy Panties & Thongs
- 50% off Micro Thongs
- 50%-80% Off Lingerie
- Summertime Lingerie
- Babydolls & Nighties
- Strappy Sets
- Cupless & Open Front
- Body Stockings
- Plus Size Lingerie
- Gowns & Robes
- Bra Sets