For me, I’m happy to add a spark of romance to an unconventional romantic holiday like St. Patrick’s Day. I’ll say it again and again. Everyone should take time out to add a spark of romance and have a toast to your love as often as you possibly can. It can be exciting and fun to celebrate your love building on themes that are traditional, like St Patty’s Day. It is not just for the Irish you know! In love, you really don’t need a reason to let your spouse know that you are thinking about them and you love them, but do take advantage of the opportunity to throw a few logs into the flame to keep the home fire burning.
Here are 10 of my favorite budget-friendly things to do in celebration of St. Patty’s Day!
1. Weather permitting, plan a romantic picnic outdoors. Pack a picnic basket filled with your favorite goodies. Think green—green napkins, green plastic utensils and cups (check your local party store). Head out to your local park, look for a secluded spot under a tree and enjoy an afternoon of romance. Oh and don’t forget the blanket and a bottle of your favorite wine, or add a little green food coloring to a bottle of your favorite champagne for a toast to your love.
2. Turn your sweet tooth green. After dinner go with Irish-themed desserts, like an apple tart served warm with sweet custard. Or you can use green frosting for cupcakes or sugar cookies. Hint: For a greater romantic impact, feed each other dessert!
3. Get in line. Check your local community listings for a St. Patty’s Parade to attend together. It’s a time for fun and there may be music, Irish food, drinks, activities, crafts and games.
4. Spell out your love in color of the season. Write love notes for your beloved to discover using a pen with green ink.
5. Create your own pot of gold. Pick up a small pot and fill it with golden chocolate coins (found at most dollar stores) and create a trail leading to the bedroom for a little chocolate delight. Be sure to set the mood in the bedroom beforehand.