If you haven’t done so for a while, consider planning a surprise romantic date with your mate to enrich your relationship. When was the last time you went the extra mile for your loved one? It is easy to get comfortable in a relationship and forget to treat them in a special way, so be sure that your mate will be be feel surprised, happy, and loved when you go to extra trouble to plan something they will enjoy.
What truly makes it a romantic date will depend on what you both like to do, and the attitude that you bring to the event. Set your intention for the date before it starts, treat your mate with courtesy and show them all the love you have for them.
You can either choose from one of these surprise romantic date ideas and simply have a good time with your partner, or you can draw one of them from a “date jar”: just write each suggestion down on a separate piece of paper, and fold each one into a small square. Put all the squares in a jar and choose a date when you want to surprise your loved one.
Plan your next romantic date now based on your interests, or use these ideas to plan one date a month for the next 15 months. A variety of ideas have been listed so you can choose inexpensive or extravagant indulgences.
- Midnight picnic – visit a favorite spot under a full moon, or simply lay a blanket in your living room and enjoy a shared meal.
- Go to the airport and fly wherever you want to go (take nothing with you). Spontaneity will make the time with your loved one exciting, adventurous, and very memorable.
- Cover the bed with rose petals, and then cuddle up and watch a movie together (enjoy the scent and the anticipation).
- Draw her a bath and while she relaxes, cook a nice dinner for the two of you to share. For a guy get them a beer and let them watch some sports, while you prepare the meal.
- Visit open houses or model homes and plan how you would remodel your home if money were no object.